The following documentation should be submitted to AA Graduate School PhD Admissions Coordinator, 34-36 Bedford Square, London WC1B 3ES, UK:
- Online Application (for how to apply see www.aaschool.ac.uk/APPLY/ADMISSIONS/postgradApp.php)
- Copies of certificates and other evidence of meeting the entry qualifications listed below.
- Portfolio of previous work if applying for PhD by Design (in A4 format; CD’s not accepted).
- Two reference letters (from academic and/or professional referees).
- Statement of up to 1500 words on research interests for the PhD and how these relate to AA teaching and research programmes.
- Evidence of funding to cover tuition fees and living expenses for the duration of PhD study.
- Availability to attend an interview at the AA School.
- For further information contact Simone Rogers PhD Admissions Coordinator Simone.Rogers@aaschool.ac.uk
- A first professional degree in architecture, engineering, landscape architecture, urbanism or other related discipline, or upper second class honours degree in the history of art or architecture.
- Professional, academic or research experience following applicant’s first degree.
- Post-professional Masters degree (MA, MSc or MArch) or equivalent in the area of the proposed PhD research.
- Proof of proficiency in spoken and written English: IELTS result of 6.5 or higher or equivalent qualification.
PhD studies at the AA are full-time for the entire duration. The normal period of full-time study is of three calendar years from the date of registration with the OU up to a maximum of four years of OU registration. The equivalent full-time period for the MPhil is of two years with a maximum of three years.