The following documentation should be submitted to AA Graduate School PhD Admissions Coordinator, 34-36 Bedford Square, London WC1B 3ES, UK:
- Online Application Form (see www.aaschool.ac.uk/APPLY/ADMISSIONS/postgradApp.php)
- A first degree in architecture or related discipline
- A Masters degree or equivalent postgraduate qualification or professional experience in the area of the proposed PhD research
- Design portfolio if applying for PhD in Architectural Design
- Two reference letters (from academic and/or professional referees)
- Statement of up to 1500 words on proposed PhD research and how this relates to AA teaching and research programmes.
- Evidence of funding to cover tuition fees and living expenses for the duration of PhD study.
- Availability to attend an interview at the AA School or online.
- For further information contact Dr Simos Yannas, Head of PhD Programme firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications to Simone Rogers, PhD Admissions Coordinator Simone.Rogers@aaschool.ac.uk
- A first professional degree in architecture, engineering, landscape architecture, urbanism or other related discipline, or upper second class honours degree in the history of art or architecture.
- Professional, academic or research experience following applicant’s first degree.
- Post-professional Masters degree (MA, MSc or MArch) or equivalent qualifications or professional experience in the area of the proposed PhD research.
- Proof of proficiency in spoken and written English: IELTS result of 6.5 or higher or equivalent qualification.
PhD studies at the AA are full-time for the entire duration. The normal period of full-time study is of three calendar years from the date of registration with the OU up to a maximum of four years of OU registration. The equivalent full-time period for the MPhil is of two years with a maximum of three years.